Composition of aloe vera
Aloe vera is composed of 95% water and 5% solid components.
It contains more than 200 essential nutrients for the human organism, among which 75 of them are valuable active principles currently used in pharmacology, cosmetics and medicine.
The aloe vera plant contains, in a perfect equilibrium:
- Twenty amino acids - out of the 22 existing ones, including 7 of the 8 essential amino acids for the human organism.
- Monosaccharides (glucose and fructose) and polysaccharides (glucomannans and polymannose), including acemannan and aloverose. Acemannan is well-known for its ability to increase the immune system by stimulating the production of macrophages and improving the activity of T-lymphocytes up to 50%.
- Mucilages. These soluble fibres are among the most interesting natural substances when it comes to making a dietary treatment to lose weight.
- Twenty minerals and trace elements, including organic germanium, which plays an important role in immunology. Germanium is present in most of the revitalising plants. Aloe vera contains twice more germanium than ginger, and four times more than ginseng. Besides, aloe vera is one of the foods with the highest levels of iron.
- Ten vitamins, including vitamin A, C, E and the complete group B.
- Eight enzymes: lyase, alkaline phosphatase, amylase, carboxypeptidase, catalase, cellulase, lipase, and peroxidase.
- Twelve anthraquinones (including aloin), which are laxative phenolic components.
- Fatty acids, containing four vegetable steroids.
- Hormones such as auxins and gibberellins.
- Other natural substances, such as lignin, saponins, salicylic acid, prostaglandins, tannins, resins, magnesium lactate, proteins (lectins) and monosulfonic acid.
ATALAYA BIO's organic and biodynamic products are made from pure aloe vera inner leaf gel. This is the reason why aloe vera components are much more bioassimilated than in other reconstructed aloe vera juices, made from aloe concentrated juice (by-products of the filtering for the cosmetic industry).
Our Mediterranean organic and biodynamic aloe vera farm is placed in the sunniest continental Spain, with an average of 3200 sunshine hours per year and practically non-existent frosts. This fortunate weather, along with a unique way of farming, makes ATALAYA BIO the aloe vera juices and cosmetics with the highest content on polysaccharides (especially acemannan/aloverose), polyphenols and antioxidant activiy.