Aloe vera is a well-known plant since ancient times for its natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, applied to relieve muscle and joint pain. Among aloe vera polysaccharides, we find the acemannan, a mucopolysaccharide that helps the immune system and stimulates white blood cells. In addition, it improves blood circulation, helping eliminate toxins from the body, playing also an important role as a cell regenerator.
If you do sports, suffer from joint or muscle ailments associated with age, or drag osteoarthritis problems, injuries or surgeries, here you will discover five reasons why organic aloe vera gel may help you cope with pain and muscle or joint discomfort:
- Soothing. Aloe vera is very recognized for its natural analgesic properties, which help relieve muscle and joint pain associated to exercise and age. We recommend using a good organic aloe vera gel, applying it on the affected area for several days, as a relaxing massage.
- Anti-inflammatory. Its inner leaf gel, directly extracted from fresh aloe vera leaves, has natural anti-inflammatory properties, helps release muscle tension, and reduces swelling of the affected tissues. Thanks to its vasodilator power, it improves blood circulation, helping regenerate inflamed areas.
- Penetrating. One of the peculiarities of aloe vera, is its cability to penetrate the three main layers of the skin: dermis, epidermis and hypodermis. As a bactericide, it facilitates the expulsion of bacteria that attack our skin, contributing to the regulation of pH and exerting antibacterial functions. In addition, it promotes the elimination of dead cells, thus supporting proper skin regeneration.
- Moisturizing. Aloe vera is a magnificent dermoprotector, with a very high moisturizing power. Improves skin elasticity, protecting it against the aggressions of free radicals and irritations derived from sports, strengthening it and increasing its resistance.
- Refreshing. A good aloe vera gel, relieves instantly the itching caused by those frictions we are inevitably exposed during sport activity, being quickly absorbed and providing a pleasant sensation of freshness on the skin, oxygenating it without leaving a greasy result.
We hope you find these little tips interesting!