Agriculture is an essential activity for human beings, which has favoured our survival and the development of sedentary homes where we can live in harmony with the land. Agriculture is definitely a fundamental source of food for the world's population, and it is also a key player in the production of biodegradable materials, natural cosmetics and natural remedies. Nonetheless, it has also a significant environmental impact.
Land degradation is among the main environmental concerns related to modern agriculture. Crop expansion, soil erosion and the overexploitation of natural resources can lead to loss soil fertility and desertification. In addition, the use of chemical fertilisers and intensive livestock farming can also contribute to both air and water pollution, culminating in a perfect storm that rages virulently over the entire biodiversity and humans.
Here at ATALAYA BIO, we are driven by a firm commitment to the environment in which we grow our aloe vera crops, a protected natural area of the Natura 2000 Network framed within a Special Protection Area for Birds (SPA) and Site of Community Importance (SCI), with the greatest biodiversity in the southeastern Spanish Mediterranean.
Do you want to know how do we grow your aloe?
Here are some of our key differences from other producers:
- We are biodynamic. We play in the highest league of organic production, incorporating biodynamic composting and other sustainable practices which guarantee a maximum environmental commitment, endorsed by the prestigious Demeter label. Our biodynamic aloe vera juice is the World's First Biodynamic Aloe Vera Food Supplement certified by Demeter, 100% natural and unfiltered.
- We do not use any anti-grass netting in our farm. We believe in the soil's own natural plant cover, which favours the presence of pollinating insects, and feeds the substrate with organic matter, improving its fertility. No, we do not cover the soil with plastic netting as most aloe vera plantations do: ATALAYA BIO bets on sustainable agricultural practices.
- We promote biodiversity. The climate in our farm is desert-warm, more than perfect for the cultivation of aloe vera, with plenty of sunshine, little rain and practically no frost during the winter. We help the fauna living around the aloe which gets to your home as a product by maintaining a small natural pond, which serves as a drinking trough for birds and a breeding ground for some amphibians, such as the common toad. We respect the nesting period of the Greek Tortoise in spring, when we do not work the soil.
- We let the aloe vera blossom. Yes, aloe vera blossoms! They are yellow tubular flowers, which are usually cut as soon as they start emerging, in order to encourage the production of gel on the leaves, although we've always let them grow a little longer than usual for the sake of pollinating insects. Thanks to this little fact, we were the first aloe vera producers in the world presenting an organic raw honey with aloe vera flower pollen and nectar, awarded as the Best Innovative Organic Product at Organic Food Iberia and 3rd Best Spanish Honey (Mieladictos).
- We care of the landscape and its history. The expansion of agricultural crops can lead to the loss of natural habitats and the fragmentation of the landscape, which directly affects biodiversity and also the natural heritage of our surroundings. At the ATALAYA BIO farm, we preserve the cultivation terraces and their stone walls built over seven centuries ago, avoiding the movement of earth and the destruction of a cultural asset, which has served as a refuge for many little beings ever since.
ATALAYA BIO works its farm responsibly, seeking always to offer you the best quality products, and we can do it because of your support, thanks for choosing us! We are the aloe vera brand which many humans, like you, trust. Humans looking for organic and natural products which work, aware that behind each and every one of them, there is much more than just aloe vera.
Don't you know our products yet?